Weston and Edwards Cookies Policy
Last updated: 25th May 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is
stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a thirdparty to recognize you and make your
next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web
analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioural
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to
run the Service:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use
of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties cookies to report usage
statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
the help pages of your web browser.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to
use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our
pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following thirdparty websites:
Network Advertising Initiative:
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Bristol, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Chard, Exeter, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Tiverton, Wellington, Wells, Weston Super Mare, Wincanton, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
SALISBURY 01722 788010
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Swindon, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury, Wilton and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Braintree, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, Grays, Halstead, Harwich, Leigh-on-Sea, Romford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Stanford-le-Hope, Wickford, Witham and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Haverhill, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
NB: Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.
We adhere to the British Association of Removers Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme which is independently operated by:
The Furniture Ombudsman
3-4 Viewpoint Office Village
T: 0333 241 3209